Exercise rehabilitation is an essential part of treatment for a broad spectrum of musculoskeletal conditions and injuries. Exercise rehabilitation is used effectively in helping individuals return to the workforce, recover from surgery or simply getting back to the activities they love!
Our team of physiotherapists are highly skilled at exercise prescription – this is attributable to their level of education but also due to their personal passion for exercise and sports (see individual profiles).
After a clear diagnosis and analysis of individual needs – therapeutic exercises may be prescribed and consist of muscle stretching, joint mobility and strengthening exercises, weight loss programmes, use of Pilates reformer sessions and in-clinic gym equipment exercises.
Some benefits of Exercise Rehabilitation
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Strengthen muscles
- Increase power output of muscles
- Improve endurance of muscles
- Weight loss and toning
- Improve flexibility
- Improve balance
- Improve gait
Indications for Exercise Rehabilitation
- Post-surgical rehabilitation (commonly for ACL repair, meniscus repair, total hip/knee replacements, shoulder reconstructions etc.)
- Post muscle injury – strain, tear, avulsions, contusions etc
- Post joint injury – subluxation, dislocation, hypermobility, hypomobility etc
- Post bone injury – stress reactions, fractures, bone bruising
- Osteoarthritis – excellent level of evidence to help reduce pain and inflammation
- Acute and/or Chronic Lower back pain
- and the list goes on…