Manual therapy consists of a wide range of hands-on interventions, which may include soft tissue mobilizations, joint mobilizations or manipulations.
The team at Modern Physiotherapy are proud to be involved with the internationally recognised post-graduate course Manual Concepts. We pride ourselves in delivering safe and effective manual therapy techniques.
Our physiotherapists have undergone extensive training and are highly skilled in delivering a range of manual therapy techniques specific to your presenting condition. A thorough assessment will be carried out prior to the application of manual therapy techniques.
Used appropriately in conjunction with an active rehabilitation program, manual therapy can be extremely effective in optimising the rehabilitation process and return to function.
Manual therapy can help with
- Pain relief
- Promote movement and function
- Restoration of joint range of motion
- Restoration of muscle function, length and strength
Conditions commonly treated with Manual Therapy
- Ankle sprains
- Knee conditions (Patellafemoral pain, Patella Tendinopathy etc)
- Hip conditions
- Lower back pain
- Elbow pain (Golfer’s elbow, Tennis elbow etc)
- Shoulder conditions (Rotator Cuff related pain, impingement/bursitis)
- Neck pain